Picture copy disable

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Resolutions - Cleanin' House!

 I'm doing it.  I'm committing to some New Year's Resolutions!  Drum roll, please...
  1. 365 Project: Read about it here.  Quickly view all photos to date, here.  Obviously this will take the entire year.  When all is said & done, I hope to have a wonderful photo journal to remember it by. 
  2. Make this book sling for Kyla's room.  Perhaps she will no longer need to sleep with ALL of her books IN her bed, if she has something like this.  Due date for this will be end of July.  This date is pretty far out, but with Jedd in school until June, it leaves me little time to take on projects without kids.  And I plan to make some mods to the instructions, such as sewing it to make it a bit more "Kyla-proof."
  3. Declutter: Another on-going process.  Here are the specific areas I'm focusing on.
  • Clothes - using these 5 guidelines I heard on New Day NW (I don't particularly like this show, but it makes for innocuous background noise).  I really like these simple & obvious guidelines.  Why didn't I think of that?
  • Underwear drawer - using these guidelines from Small Notebook.
  • Toys - I don't have a game plan for this item yet, but here is one that I am considering. Squidoo.com - this is a big undertaking and I'm not sure I'm up for it yet.  For now, I'm sifting through & getting rid of "baby" toys, broken/missing piece and junk (weird freebie) toys.
    That's all I got.  I feel like I should have more, but seeing as how I usually have no official resolutions...  I'll leave it at that.  Baby steps.

    And in the spirit of streamlining, I've cleaned up my blog list, too.  I've removed links to blogs that have not been updated in the past year or those who require an invitation to visit.  Hoping my friends keep up with their blogs and some may even return (hint, hint!).  Maybe a blog makeover should be on my list, too...

    No comments: