Mentally, I am prepared to go into labor after 4/10/09 (due date is 4/12), which is my last day of work, unless of course, I do go into labor sooner. This plan is on par with Kyla's arrival. I worked right up to her due date and she arrived 2 days late. And I've got a lot of stuff at work that I need to be around for and then get things wrapped up before JJ can arrive.

In the meantime, though, my fingers and feet are terribly swollen. My hips ache when I walk and I fear that if I move too abruptly, a hip might collapse under the added weight of the belly. My back hurts most of the time now. And Baby JJ is sitting very low and is putting a lot of pressure on my pelvic bones. I can't get enough air in my lungs when I talk for very long and sound like I'm nervous because I keep gasping for air. I am considering not washing any of my pants until after JJ comes, because recently, every time I put on a newly washed pair, it is a major struggle to pull them over my thighs. Then I have to squat or sit to stretch them out so I can walk up & down the steps in them. (And these are stretchy maternity clothes!) I know that I was uncomfortable towards the end with Kyla, too, but it seems more severe this time. Maybe I'm just a wimp.
We are getting JJ's room ready. The crib has been disassembled, moved from Kyla's room and reassembled in JJ's room. Yesterday Kyla went in there and pointed at it and said, "Kyla bed." I told her that her bed was in her room & that this was JJ's bed. She said, "No, Kyla bed!" I asked her, "what about your new bed?" And again, she insisted. Then she pointed to the foam mattress top that we usually have on the guest bed, but was sitting on the floor and said, "JJ bed." Gee, what a nice big sister.
I have also started cleaning out all of Kyla's baby clothes and giving them away. Oh, so sad to see those adorable little ruffles and frilly dresses go. I saved just a couple of items. It was very difficult because I am a pack rat and have an especially soft spot for pretty things.
So we'll see what the next two and a half weeks hold for us and if Baby JJ wants to hold out until his due date. At my last appointment the doctor said I was 2 cm dilated and that was fairly common for a 2nd pregnancy. In other words, no reason to think JJ will make an appearance before my appointment next week.
Here's a super-awesome picture of me... I guess I look about as good as I feel. Dang, those pants are stretched to the limit!
2 comments:
You look great! At least you haven't resorted to wearing Jedd's clothes exclusively:) I've got a couple pictures that would make you feel better...
Enjoy your last few weeks (days or minutes). You look so cute, but I know it is hard to feel cute!
Post a Comment