Picture copy disable

Friday, April 20, 2007

One month check up


Wednesday, 4/18, we had Kyla's one month dr. appt. Our little girl is growing up so fast...

Weight: 9 lbs. 6 oz. (50th percentile)
Length: 22 1/2 in. long (90th percentile - she's going to be tall, like Jedd and me!)
Head: 14 7/8 in. (70th percentile)

I have adapted to being able to function on 5 - 7 hours of sleep a night (broken into 2 or 3 hour chunks). Jedd is really great about helping out with household duties and taking Kyla in the evenings when he gets home from work so I can have a little free time. He also helps by cooking dinner and cleaning and just being understanding if I am not able to get much done during the day (let alone being able to shower daily).


Kyla's doing great! She's learning to hold her head up. She likes her swing and just recently discovered that there are fun objects that spin around above her head. Previously she would just watch the shadow of the swing on the wall. She's starting to smile more often, although, I don't think she's doing it voluntarily yet. There isn't one thing that we can do that will make her smile consistently. Lately she's been working out some digestion issues but hopefully that won't last too much longer as her systems continue to develop. She's getting a little cranky at night, but over all, she's a really good baby!

How to torture a newborn.
We like to be really productive with our time together...


We've made a couple of outings aside from doctor appointments and family gatherings. Kyla has been out shopping on the weekends, visited Daddy at work and had a play date with Cameron, Alyson, Braden and Conner. We visited Wilder today and are looking forward to seeing Auntie Kristin's new condo this weekend!

And a special congratulations to Kyla's cousins, Ally and Riley, for doing a spectacular job swimming laps to raise money for their swim team!

Riley, age 5
70 laps (with fins)

Ally, age 8
112 laps (no fins)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that picture with all the animals is soooo cute. Did you take that yourself? Impressive. Backdrop and everything..


Lisa..

PerryBlog said...

Yeah, I didn't have the time or energy to take Kyla for professional photos so I decided to create my own backdrop. Then I got a little carried away with the "props".