- wake up hungry, fuss until mom wakes and feeds me
- fall asleep a couple times during feeding, mom abuses me (by jostling me, tickling my toes) to keep me awake and eating
- just when I start falling asleep again, am rudely awakened by a very cold bum - mom is changing my diaper
- fortunately, get snuggly in bed soon afterwards and drift off to sleep after realizing no one will entertain me at 3:00 am
- hungry again, eat
- back to bed with mom & daddy
- snack time
- diaper change
- back to bed with mom & daddy
- breakfast
- nap time while mom showers; is there anything better than being lulled to sleep by the sound of the shower, the bathroom fan and warm steam?
- diaper change
- lunchtime
- another annoying diaper change
- hungry again
- diaper change
- drift in and out of sleep while mom tries (ha!) to get things done around the house
- afternoon snack time
- decide to stay awake for a while and entertain the adults; there seems to be an endless blur of various giants (i.e. family & friends) streaming through, insisting on kissing me and getting in my face
- hungry after all the work of being adorable and agreeable with the big people
- diaper change - will it never end?!?!
- nap time
- wake up - daddy's home! when did that happen?
- dinner time & you guessed it, diaper change
- fun time in the swing
- okay, 10 minutes is enough of the swing
- pre-bedtime snack
- tired from the day
- unable to verbalize exhaustion, just cry for a while
- adults scramble to comfort me; check to see if I'm hungry, burp me, check my diaper, walk with me, sing to me - I love this!
bottle from daddy!
10:20 pm
one last snack before I get a good night's sleep (4 hours, max.)
2 comments:
what kind of snack? does she like tim's cascade style jalapeno chips yet? :)
(and it sounds like the bottle thing is working... YAY!)
Wow! I just realized I can comment. Yes, I've been reading Jamie and Laura's blogs for months and I just now notice the comment thing at the bottom. I'm incredibly observant! I'm impressed with little Kyla's schedule. She is a good little baby! After all she is supposed to torment mom and dad a little. Can't wait to see her again.
Post a Comment