The orchid that I have been nursing along (for ever) in hopes of a new bloom, mysteriously sprouted a new spike over the holidays! I cut off the original after the flowers died, not realizing that it should only be trimmed down, not cut off completely. I must have had it for over a year now, but couldn't bring myself to throw it away, because the leaves and roots still looked fairly healthy. Well, over the holidays I completely neglected it and I don't think it had been watered for about 3 weeks. The other day I watered it (and all my sad, dried out plants) and lo and behold, it has a baby leaf and new spike! I went to move it because it was squishing itself into the window and I broke the tip! Well, hopefully I didn't do irreparable damage and it will think it was "trimmed" and continue to grow from there. Can't wait to see what color flowers bloom, someday!

1 comment:
I have an Orchid that Christy E got me for my birthday this year and I had been so good with it until it was left alone for two weeks in a cold office...all the flowers are dead now. I will have to read up on how to care for it! :)
Post a Comment