Picture copy disable

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Baby on the way!

So, the current plan is that tomorrow we will have a baby!  

At my appointment last week, Dr. Pieper (pronounced peeper - too funny, I know) said that I was 3 cm. dilated and that I could think about whether or not I want to induce labor this Thursday when he is on call.  He said that Baby JJ is positioned low (Tell me something I don't know!  I swear this kid is going to have a permanent cone head.) and we are far enough along that it would be perfectly fine.  I was a little stunned by this, as I have been mentally prepared for JJ to arrive a couple of days after my last day of work, which I had planned to be this Friday 4/10.  That was before I got pink eye and my cold got worse and I stayed home the rest of last week.  All of that and then with the option of early induction, I decided to take maternity leave early.  

After discussing the possibility with Jedd, we decided inducing on the 9th might not be such a bad idea.  Jedd will plan to take Thursday and Friday off work; my parents will pick up Kyla from daycare and stay with her as needed while we are at the hospital; Rob & Lynn know exactly when to head over from Chelan; Mike & Tracy & the kids can see JJ before their trip to Disneyworld; and we won't have to worry about any mid-night run to the hospital with Kyla in tow.  

At my appointment on Tuesday (39.5 weeks), I was 4cm and 60% - moving right along!  So, elective induction is the current, tentative plan, unless of course JJ decides to make his appearance sometime this evening.  However, I am about 99% sure that he will not come tonight.  

The process is very complicated, so stay with me here.  We get up early tomorrow and wait for a phone call from the hospital.  That's about it.

We wait for them to call and tell us to come in.  And we need to be ready to leave relatively soon after they call.  If there are too many women who naturally go into labor, there is a chance that we won't get a call.  If we don't get in to the hospital right away after they call, there is a chance we might get "bumped" if they fill up in the meantime.  If we don't get called in tomorrow, then we call the doctor's office on Friday for further instruction (i.e. wait until JJ makes his grand entrance).

Ideally, I'd prefer to go into labor on my own, so I'm trying to send some maternal messages to JJ that he can start the process early tomorrow morning.  That way we won't have to wait for the okay from the hospital.  Either way, we're hoping  we have a new baby by tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Connor Clan said...

I am so excited. I can't wait to meet little JJ.

Two brothers said...

yippee. He might be here now??

Anonymous said...

We need to know the real name when you get a chance....

The Johnsons said...

What??? Do you already have a new baby???