Some of the things I can remember of late:
Chelan:

Kyla got her first ride in Papa's boat. She is currently really into cars and boats and planes. Although I don't know that actually riding in a boat had crossed her mind until she was in it. She didn't cry and she almost fell asleep from the motion and the sound. I think she enjoyed it.
Skydiving:
Canceled due to weather (again).
Friends:
- Play date with the Thomas Brothers
- Caedan's first birthday party!
- Dinner with Jerry & Art, Matt & Airen and the cousins - we have seen our two-child-future and it struck fear into our hearts - dear lord, what have we done?
- 13 weeks along
- nickname - JJ for Jedd Jr. I'm hoping for a boy (and there is no way we'll actually name him Jedd Jr.).
- Had our first round of sequential screening (because I'm old) and "genetic counseling" where they measure the thickness of the neck to try to determine the likelihood of down's syndrome and do blood testing to determine the possibility of a couple other disorders. So far the ultrasound measurement looks good.
Jedd (Mr. Brainiac) has started a program at the UW. It's only on Monday nights from 6-10pm, which is good, but I have a feeling it will be difficult as we get closer to the due date and when the baby first arrives. One thing that will be nice is that we'll have to scale back on our weekend plans because of all the studying. Maybe I'll be able to resume my nap schedule.
Kyla:
- Perfecting the art of tantrums. It's amazing how strong willed toddlers can be.
- Not eating as much these days. There's too much to do!
- Loves playing her i-pod and dancing.
- At daycare, her favorite activities are consistently: art, housekeeping and outdoor time.
- Need to work on "gentle" before JJ arrives.
- Unfortunately, she seems to be scaling back on her sleep and nap schedule a bit...
6 comments:
Sounds like a busy, nice life you have.
I especially like the last picture of kyla camped out in-front of the ice cream, smart girl!
Jedd and campus, reunited. Love the husky card shot - ahh, the days. Does he get a u-pass for busses too?
Ooo, ooo... and he can go to the IMA for cheap!
In thinking about it, maybe I should go back to school... do you think they have a certificate program at UW for 'ways to entertain/play/spend time with your child that will grow them into functioning adults who dont mooch by the age of 25'? I would be interested in that.
Wow, I'm impressed with your long beautifully written post. I guess pregnancy/mom brain hasn't kicked in too much. I found that worse the second time around.....we're hoping for a boy too!
kyla's favorite thing is housekeeping? hmm... can you send her down here for a spell? thanks for the update-- hope there are more naps in your future!! miss you. (and the first time i read lisa's comment, i interpreted her "we;re hoping for a boy too" as her being pregnant again! then i re-read it. :))
Thank you for the long over due update! I think that JJ Perry has a very nice ring to it!
Post a Comment