Picture copy disable

Monday, September 08, 2008

Growing

Our family is expanding and Kyla is going to have a baby brother or sister! I had my first doctor appointment today and Baby is measuring 9 weeks - right on track.

Oh, what a cutie!
In this pic, Baby is in the black circle, doing a downward pike,
with his head on the right and his little nubby legs on the left.


The timing could not have worked out any less perfect if we had tried to plan it. The due date is April 12, 2009. Which is quite inconvenient for our family trip to Disney World April 19. Fortunately we had not purchased plane tickets yet. Oh well, Disney World will still be there in a few years.

Jedd would love to have another girl like Kyla. And she is so sweet and adorable, who could argue with that? But, I think it would be fun to have one girl and one boy. I guess time (or an ultrasound) will tell. Early on I had a feeling that we might end up with twins. However, my fears were put to rest today. The doctor double checked and there is only one little guy in there.

So far, this pregnancy has been much like the first. I have been very tired, but no morning sickness (thank goodness!). Unlike the first one, though, I have not been able to give in fully to the exhaustion, since I have to chase Kyla around. Also, my stomach is a little more sensitive this time around and I have to remember to keep snacking every couple of hours so I don't feel nauseous. I'm looking forward to getting the first trimester out of the way and getting some energy back.

6 comments:

lisat said...

Yippee for number two! Go baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We are very exicted for you both:)

Anonymous said...

congrats perry family!
- peyton simonds

Laura said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Our bambino was just WAITING for some news like this and to have similar age friends. Ok, so really, it was me that was waiting for this news, but we're all very excited.

I guess we're looking at a professional soccer player (or biker, if tim has his way) and you've got an olympic diver/swimmer. Sounds good. Meet you at the 2028 olympics?!

Connor Clan said...

I vote for a boy. Having one girl and one boy is fun. And tell Jedd that boys can also be sweet and adorable.

Anonymous said...

So Amazing! Not that you and Jedd, well, um, you know, but that the Perry family is blessed with another life! YAY! Can't wait until April, But I guess I (we- Jack, Luke and Bill) have to....Darn! Best wishes, Steph