Anyhow, according to Kristin, they had the perfect running weather, sunny but cold. This was Dad's first non-treadmill run in quite some time. Later, he admitted that the treadmill just isn't the same and doesn't quite prepare you for the real thing. They ran the first half mile, then alternated walking and running. They stayed together the whole run, sprinted the last 50 yards and crossed the finish line holding hands.
Then they promptly headed to the beer garden to reward themselves for all their hard work. Apparently they had so much fun, they are thinking of doing another one. After hearing about the excitement and camaraderie and beer, I thought, hmm 5k, I could do that. Two seconds later, I came to my senses. I'll just cheer them on... from my warm bed... (those races start early!).
Way to go Dad and Kristin!

1 comment:
Kim, thank you for posting that! :) A 5K run is only 3.1 Miles you could totally run the next one with us! This event started at 7PM, so not all of them are early in the morning. There were lots of mom's with babies in strollers that did the race as well. We could get Kyla out there for the next 5K too! :)
Post a Comment