Jedd is recovering from strep throat. He was home from work Thursday and Friday last week. He's on antibiotics and doing much better.
I am on antibiotics (again) since it seems that I never fully recovered from my last illness over a month ago. And since it was so long ago, and yet at the same time, just recently, the doctor has prescribed 3 (THREE) weeks of antibiotics to make sure it gets taken care of this time. I am feeling much better, have a lot less need for Puffs tissue and my energy is definitely returning.
Kyla has been well, miraculously. She is getting another lower tooth, but I only just discovered it and it is already poking through. I guess it didn't bother her that much.
Kyla is so funny and fun these days. She is babbling all the time and learning how to make all sort of new and weird noises. She is so attentive to the littlest details. This provides her with endless new discoveries. Here are some of her current favorites and most recent antics:
- Crayons, pencils, pens - Anytime she sees one, she must have it. So much so, that when we are signing credit slips at restaurants or stores, she grunts and tries frantically to grab the pen. At home she will walk around with a pen (capped) in her hand almost as other kids might walk around with their favorite blankie. She also really enjoys drawing & coloring and using the magnadoodle.
- Eating - Bebe has always been a good eater and the trend continues. That's Mama's good girl! She especially loves fruit. We have to wait until the very end of the meal to give her the fruit or else she won't eat anything else. Tonight, for "dessert," she had a nectarine, 6 cherries and a handful of grapes. This was after her dinner. She would have kept going if I let her. I still worry about what too much fruit will produce in her diapers...
- Forts - Jedd has introduced Kyla to the wonder of indoor fort building and she loves it. She also has a nylon tunnel play-thing and she likes to run away from us and have us chase her into it. She sits inside and squeals when we surprise her.
- The slide - As if she didn't love the slide enough already, recently Jedd showed her how to go down head first. I picked her up from daycare the other day as she was going down the Little Tykes plastic slide head first. I'm sure the daycare teachers are going to love having Kyla introduce that move to the rest of the class!
- The swings - Recently we celebrated our friend Cameron's birthday at the park. All the baby swings were taken, so I put her on the big kid swing and put her hands on the chains and gently pushed her. She seemed to enjoy it, although she kept slumping down in the seat every so often.
- A developing attitude - After swinging for about 15 minutes, a little boy walked up and since there were no free swings, I thought we'd give him a turn. I picked Kyla up. She arched her back in protest and vocalized her displeasure. Then she straightened up and smacked me in the face. Initially, I was a bit stunned and sort of laughed. Then I sternly said, "Kyla, we do not hit Mama in the face!" Wait, "Kyla, we do not hit in the face." Doh, "Kyla, we do not hit!" I've got it down now and am ready with my line for the next time it happens.
2 comments:
Great update - thanks for the info. Kyla sounds like a fun mini-kim (except when she's hitting mommy, ouch!).
Life sounds busy! I'm out of school now though. Call me when things settle down. :)
Post a Comment