We had a wonderful Christmas, then headed to Chelan to ring in the New Year with the Duvall family, and of course Rob & Lynn, who live there. We were there for almost a week and while fun, it was also a lot of work. We have work that must be done at our condo before the rental season, so we met with various people about fixing, updating, painting, furniture, etc. Meeting with contractors is not what I would consider fun. But, it must be done and it will be nice to not feel like a time warp back to the early 80's.
We just got home two days ago and I am all disoriented. With the crazy-ness of Christmas and being gone right afterward, I feel like I've lost an entire month. I keep thinking it's Monday; we still have a disarray of Christmas toys strewn all over the house; the Christmas boxes are packed, but still out in the entryway. I've done a little laundry, but still have a lot of vacation stuff to put away. I also feel like January is half way over. So in that respect, I guess I am a little ahead of myself. I just bought my 2012 calendar yesterday and am trying to get things written in. I think once that is up to date, I will feel a tiny bit more organized.
So, here are some recent developments:
- Kyla went skiing for the first time at Mission Ridge. Apparently there were a few spills, but she was smiling the whole time. And she went ice skating for the first time, which she also loved. She's our little adventurer.
- Jedd is working on healing his old, decrepit body. ;) He injured his Achilles while playing indoor soccer last fall. He is so excited to take Kyla skiing some more and get a few runs in for himself, too! He also has his annual heli-skiing trip coming up.
- Maxx still loves cars. His most recent thing is to request that we sing car songs. My songs go a little like this (in a horrible, off-tune, sing-songy voice): "I'm driving in my ca-ar. It's a Volvo (sometimes I skip that part because I can't pronounce Volvo). Kyla's in the back seat. Maxx is right beside her. And we see lots of other cars. There are blue ones and red ones. There are trucks and motorcycles." - And it really is just awful. But he seems to really like it because I have to do it quite often.
- And then there's me - Stay at home mom. Failing miserably. Not really, but many days it feels like it. It's a tough business, staying at home with kids all day. But I love it. LOVE IT! I wouldn't change it for the world. And on Monday, I start my on-line photography class. So excited! I'm hoping my 365 pictures improve this year.
Happy 2012!
2 comments:
LOVE the ruse! Excellent job!
Changing the clocks back - that is brilliant!
Post a Comment