I'm letting myself off the hook for the remainder of the year for the blog.
My intention is to restart in the new year. I'm not sure why, but this year, more than any other that I can recall (although my memory seems to have been sucked away by having kids) seems busier and has passed me by quicker than previous years. Perhaps it is because I am a SAHM now? But really I am starting into my third year of this. The first year was a bit of a blur, though, learning how to deal with 2 kids, not just one; adjusting to my new life away from "the workplace;" getting our family into a new groove. It's funny how busy one can be "at home" and yet how one can have very little to show for it. I mean, aside from the happy (i.e. crazy) kids and endless amounts of photos of the little monsters (on my computer) and piles of precious toddler artwork that I cannot part with (yet).
I think it is similar to when you start out in the working world and you no longer have summer, winter or spring breaks from school to help mark the passing of time. And after being at a company for a while (say, like 11 years), you have other things that represent the time of year like company picnics in the summer and holiday parties and annual meetings. But with young kids, there are not as many triggers to alert when things are changing. Days and weeks can repeat themselves for months because the kids are too young for school or any significant recurring schedule. So here I am and it is almost September and I am wondering where did the year go?
Ironic, now that I am typing up this farewell-for-now post, I am starting to remember what it is that I enjoy about blogging. I enjoy remembering moments, documenting and recreating scenes from our lives, and writing about what I am thinking and feeling at "this moment" in my life.
Yes, I will be back.
Perhaps even sooner than later.
(But don't quote me on that.)
In the meantime, I am keeping up with my 365 project - I can't let everything go! So visit me on Flickr and catch a narrow glimpse of our lives and leave a comment, if you are so inclined.
No comments:
Post a Comment