Maxx is in hyper-development mode! Since his 9 month update, he has been progressing with a slew of new tricks:
- Blowing kisses: A couple weeks ago, my parents came to visit one night when Jedd had class. When it was bed time, I told Kyla to give goodnight hugs & kisses. She said she didn't want to, so I told her to blow kisses, which she did. And then Maxx immediately smacked his lips, too. The next day, he practiced his new trick all day long and has not stopped since.
- Clapping: Maxx has started clapping, again (he did it for a couple weeks a few months ago, then stopped). We can tell he is starting to understand what we are saying, because he is now clapping after we say, "Good job, Maxx!" or "Yay, Maxx!" He smiles and looks to make sure we are watching him.
- Signing: I've started signing with Maxx. He doesn't do any of them and he usually looks at me like I'm crazy. If he understands, he's not letting on. He especially likes to ignore the "change" sign, when I'm trying to change his diaper and want him to lay still.
- Meal time: Maxx is eating all kinds of table foods, now - bread, pears, avocado, strawberries, bananas, sausage, yogurt, pasta, cooked veggies. He loves fruit, especially strawberries & blueberries, just like Kyla (and me). His absolute favorite food are the very healthy, vitamin-packed and nutritious Gerber Lil' Crunchies (they're like cheese puffs). It is the ONLY thing that never gets thrown on the floor when he's had enough, because he can't get enough of them! I have to leave them for the end of the meal and limit his intake, otherwise he would surely love to OD on them.
- Entertainment: He still likes TV and especially enjoys music and songs. He bounces on his butt (cause he doesn't stand yet) and bops along to the music. He really likes watching Kyla dance and spin around. He follows her all over the house and grunts and pounds on the stairs when she goes upstairs and leaves him stranded on the first floor.
- Developing discerning tastes: Maxx does not like canned mandarin oranges. He gets a look on his face like they are bitter. He is also starting to develop "stranger danger" (at the Y, at MOPS, etc.). He knows when I leave him with someone else and he's not too keen on it, which does not make me happy. Maxx is also afraid of the big, purple exercise ball. I can't really blame him, though, it is bigger than him and Kyla bounced it right at him. Poor guy probably thought it was going to crush him.

1 comment:
He is so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment