- Maxx is smiling and cooing and gurgling now. Everyday he interacts more and more with us. He's a mellow little guy and doesn't (usually) mind Kyla's occasional scratch or attempt to pick him up.
- He's filling out and getting cute pudgy arms and legs. He's so kissably soft right now!
- He spends more time alert during the day and he is starting to sleep for long stretches at night. He is pretty good about feeding, then going back to sleep right away. Last night I got 6.5 hours sleep with only one waking! I think it's time to start working on a naptime routine, which will help me tremendously.
- Maxx has a very loud digestive system. I wonder if all boys poop and fart as loud and as much as he does or if it's just him.
- It seems that Maxx might also be a thumb sucker. He often roots around and sucks on his fist. Once he figures out how to separate his thumb from inside his fist, I'm sure it will immediately be in his mouth.
- She is starting to refer to herself in the first person, using "I" instead of "Kyla."
- She says, "Mines" to indicate something belongs to her. You know, as in yours and mine(s).
- Kyla loves arts & crafts. She knows all of her colors and is starting to try to write letters. She is also beginning to draw pictures for people. She draws cars, hearts and lollipops, at least that is what she tells us she is drawing. She likes stickers and glue and tape and play doh and chalk and any other thing that can make a pretty mess.
- Jedd bought some scissors for Kyla and she loves cutting paper. The other day, as I watched Kyla cut a long strip of paper, her mouth opened and closed with each cut. A little back history: about a year ago, Jedd was cutting some wrapping paper and I noticed his jaw opening and closing as he cut. I pointed this out to him (and mocked him openly as good wives do) - he explained it was a childhood habit that he occasionally reverts to, unconsciously. Like father, like daughter...
- Kyla hardly ever wants to take a bath. But once in, she enjoys splashing and playing in the water. She still doesn't like to sit down, though.
- When we drive home from "school" she often points to the Seventh Day Adventist Church and says "Kyla new house." Um... okay.
- Kyla also loves playing outside. She rides her tricycle around and even peddles backwards. At the park, her favorites are the swings, slides and climbing equipment.
- She likes riding in Mama's new car and especially likes looking for horsies. She will often ask to go for a "ride" instead of going home after school. Poor Jedd, as a child, going for a "ride" was a form of torture in his mind. He has yet to give in to her request for a ride.
- Kyla has a very playful, sweet and endearing personality. She is very strong-willed and is not easily swayed from what she sets her mind to. It is both an admirable trait as well as a frustrating one at times.
Jedd is finishing up another quarter of his Master's Program and is probably going to take the summer quarter off so that we have more family time together to take advantage of the long summer days and the kids entertaining antics. We're hoping to get to Chelan for a couple of long weekends.
I keep busy by tending to Maxx during the day and the whole family in the evenings, trying to get a shower and a nap on a regular basis, occasionally getting out of the house for a social visit now and then, and trying to get dinner cooked more nights of the week than not. I am also mentally preparing for my return to work in July. I'm easing into the transition by starting out with a part time schedule.
Coming soon - photo of Maxx at 2 months!
2 comments:
Man, kyla is such a cutie!! Maxx too of course... babies are the sweetest.
What's your new ride??
What a great post. I love the pics and the line about Kyla's new home made me laugh out loud in my classroom!
Post a Comment