Picture copy disable

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Watch Me Grow!

Maxx is one month old.

This photo idea was borrowed from our friend Kara. She has done monthly photos of her daughter, Paige and it is such a nice way to follow the growth of the little ones. Life is so hectic these days and I have not taken nearly as many photos of Maxx as I did with Kyla. So I hope I can handle one photo a month!

So he doesn't look very happy here, but the little guy is only one month and can't sit up yet or hold his head up for very long and he's practically naked. Kind of difficult to get a happy photo. Generally Maxx is a very content little boy and is happiest when he is being held upright on a shoulder. He puts up with Kyla's kisses and love pats and occasional hitting & scratching. Kyla still goes to daycare everyday to keep her routine as I will be returning to work in July. Maxx and I spend a lot of time just hanging out together (did I mention he likes to be held, i.e. he doesn't like to be left alone), as I think about all the things I could/should be doing. Occasionally I get a load of laundry done, a room somewhat organized, dinner partially prepared. Such is the life of the mother of a newborn.

Overall, things are going well. I haven't had to return to the ER, so that is good! I am still on antibiotics, but feeling better each day. I can't believe it has been over a month already. It has been such a blur of hospitals and diapers and feedings and grandparents. More of a blur even than with Kyla. I guess because of the chaos and fogginess of being sick and Jedd doing his masters program.

Jedd and I are quite tired these days but enjoying our growing and changing family and trying to juggle the demands of kids, work, school, family & social life.

2 comments:

The Loidhamer Family said...

He's looking great! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I hope things begin to settle down a bit for you guys! I hope to get over to see you very soon.

Two brothers said...

Cute, cute idea!