I am a blog addict.
I have a Favorites Folder with links to all of my friends' blogs.
I check them daily.
Sometimes, I check them in the morning and again at night.
Sometimes, I re-read previous posts, even though I have already read them once (or twice).
Sometimes (more often than I care to admit), when there are not any new updates on my friends' blogs, I will check their friends' links. In many cases, I do not know these people.
At some point I hope to discover that a friend's friend's friend's... friend will link back to my blog. Six degrees of separation in the blogging community?
I don't like blogs that take themselves too seriously. I understand that for serious and even wannabe "writers," blogging must be an exciting opportunity to share their "gift" of literary poetry with the world. However, I tend to find their subject matter annoyingly insightful... overly dramatic... ultra religious... indulgently self-centered... fanatically eco-friendly... wordy beyond my attention span...
I don't like blogs that take themselves too seriously. I understand that for serious and even wannabe "writers," blogging must be an exciting opportunity to share their "gift" of literary poetry with the world. However, I tend to find their subject matter annoyingly insightful... overly dramatic... ultra religious... indulgently self-centered... fanatically eco-friendly... wordy beyond my attention span...
I do not feel that any of my friends' blogs fit into the aforementioned category.
I do feel that a few of my friends' friends' blogs do fit into that category (I will not name names). This, however, does not stop me from checking their blogs occasionally.
I hope no one feels that way about my blog.
I wonder if I use quotation marks, parenthesis and ... too often?
I get confused by blogs about a subject, instead of a family or person's life. For example, I came across a blog that just had pictures of clothes. When you clicked on the picture, it would give a brief description about the item and where you could purchase it and the price. There seemed to be no real theme to the items. They were not all from the same store or designer or all of the same category, like evening wear. This seems like a terribly inefficient way to shop. Am I missing something?
I appreciate frequent updates. This is a double standard, since I am not good at this.
I am jealous of people who create interesting blogs with witty content and post beautiful pictures and utilize all the fancy tech-y components that I am too lazy to learn about.
I enjoy blogs that include pictures. Another double standard; this post does not have any pictures.
I get confused by blogs about a subject, instead of a family or person's life. For example, I came across a blog that just had pictures of clothes. When you clicked on the picture, it would give a brief description about the item and where you could purchase it and the price. There seemed to be no real theme to the items. They were not all from the same store or designer or all of the same category, like evening wear. This seems like a terribly inefficient way to shop. Am I missing something?
I appreciate frequent updates. This is a double standard, since I am not good at this.
I am jealous of people who create interesting blogs with witty content and post beautiful pictures and utilize all the fancy tech-y components that I am too lazy to learn about.
I enjoy blogs that include pictures. Another double standard; this post does not have any pictures.
I enjoy blogs that are well written, humorous and include anecdotal stories, not dissertations or mini-novels. Double standard alert: this is a fairly lengthy post.
I like it when people leave comments. Me? Not so good at that.
I enjoy blogs about people I know.
I like it when people leave comments. Me? Not so good at that.
I enjoy blogs about people I know.
So why do I check the blogs of people I don't know?
Why do I return (again and again) to blogs of writers whose content irritates me?
Why am I so critical? This one comes back to bite me. I end up over editing my posts. It takes me much longer than it should to create and then actually post because I am self critical, as well.
I'm waiting for Lisa to start a blog.
I am a blog addict.
Why am I so critical? This one comes back to bite me. I end up over editing my posts. It takes me much longer than it should to create and then actually post because I am self critical, as well.
I'm waiting for Lisa to start a blog.
I am a blog addict.
7 comments:
I am so glad to hear that I am not alone. I can admit that I too am a blog addict. Maybe we should start a support group!
You need to get a feed reader. Outlook 2007 has it built-in. I am sure Jedd can help you out. New posts just show up. Maybe it is too techy, but I like it.
Who hasn't checked friends of friends of friends blogs? I do find myself feeling a bit voyeuristic though. They didn't publish that content for me.
Since I don't have a blog I am going to make up for it by writing overly long comments on my friend's.
Me too! Me too!
Hysterical! I know exactly where you're coming from. I even check my own blog 40 times a day. I'm pretty sure I'd remember if I posted something new... I am obsessed with whether or not someone left a new comment. I need to install one of those tickers so I can see if anyone visited since the last time I did. Ridiculous! It's a good thing I'm going back to work!!!
Kim, you don't realize how happy your post makes me! It makes me realize that we are in fact sisters and were obviously raised in the same household! Despite the fact that we are not biologically related, we seem to both prefer content related to people and family that we know rather than blogs about purely a subject matter. Now I know I'm the not the only one! :)
It's coming, I promise!
Many are guilty. I consider it a victimless crime...Until you don't leave a comment that is.
Post a Comment