Picture copy disable

Monday, September 24, 2007

6 month update

Kyla is 6 months old!

And again, another month has flown by quicker than I can even believe. I guess that's what happens when I'm working a PT schedule but still putting in FT hours. I've resigned myself to the fact that it will be this way through the end of October. At which time, I will reevaluate my situation and hopefully have things under control so I can go back to my PT hours.

We had our last summer trip to Chelan with the Loidhamers and the Thomases. We had a great time, but needed at least another couple of days away from the daily grind. The highlights of the weekend were the kids, of course, but specifically:
  • watching the kids (Kyla, Braden, Mason & Jedd) splash in the pool
  • Braden & Mason disassembling Kyla's floor gym & using the crossbars as swords ("fight-ans," according to Mason). It was all fun & games until someone got smacked in the face by the part that has a metal snap (ouch!). We all knew it would end badly, but yet, no one did anything to stop it...
  • Jedd & I having a complete misunderstanding about whether I would drive a vehicle like Lisa & Jeff's. I thought he was talking about their Highlander SUV (sure, I'd drive that) but he was talking about their F250 type truck (can you imagine me trying to get the car seat up into that thing?). Poor Jedd, he was really excited for a while there.
  • and for me, the best part was just hanging out with family & friends, stress-free, with no schedule to worry about.


I spent my first nights away from Kyla. I went on a recruiting trip to MT Tech. I wasn't too worried about it and it really wasn't traumatic at all, probably because she was home with Jedd. Now, when Jedd & I are both away from her overnight, I might be a little more anxious. We'll see.

Kyla went to her first Mariners Game. We went with Jenny & Casey. We had a fun time despite the fact that we lost. We met a nice couple from Penticton, BC, who drove 5 hours to attend the game. Too bad for them, not only did the Mariners lose, but I think the poor guy damaged his shoulder blade falling backward over the seat in front of him and landing on the stairs, all in hopes of catching a foul ball. He didn't. The guy who actually did get it (after it deflected out of the Canadian's hands) was nice enough to come over and ask him how he was. But not nice enough to give him the ball.


Photo taken by the nice Canadian (prior to his injury).


We didn't really have a baby, we just went out and bought a Cabbage Patch Doll.
(Soon we'll have to buy a Bratz doll to keep up the charade.)


When we still had hope the Ms would win.

This past weekend I hosted a baby shower for Darlene. She and Robert are expecting their second baby October 9th. Olivia is so excited to be a big sister! And Darlene informed me that a new baby for them unfortunately means that Olivia won't be moving in with us to be Kyla's big sister.

Jedd & Kyla, having fun with Legos.


2 comments:

Laura said...

Yet again, everyone else that holds kyla has no problems... it's just me. Drat. Sounds like Sept was busy, but I say you just up and walk out of work each day (vary the times, so they dont start to suspect) and just go home. he, he. :)

lisat said...

You know....Jeff goes through vehicles really quickly if you want to drive that big truck.... Hee Hee hee