Picture copy disable

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Princess Camp

Reluctantly, I signed Kyla up for Princess Camp at the YMCA.  I say reluctantly, because I wasn't sure how much I wanted to encourage "princess" behavior.  However, I gave in because Jedd convinced me how much she would love it and all the fun she would have.  And I've since decided to make it work in my favor by saying things like, "Princesses go potty when their mommies ask them" or "Princesses don't hit their brothers." 

On the first day, she told me, "I no wanna go Princess Camp."  I told her to try it out and if she didn't like it, she didn't have to go anymore.  The first day, our typically brave, outgoing, talk-to-any-stranger Princess was unusually timid and clingy so I stayed for the first little while.  She really didn't want me to go, but I somehow managed to unwrapped her vice-like grip and made my escape.  She looked a little worried, but held it together.  Of course, she loved it and attended all three days of princess dancing, princess games, princess crafts and princess snacks.

Showing off her craft, after the first day.

About to go in to The Princess Party on the last day of camp.

Waiting for the fun to begin.  All different kinds of Princess attire.  
The girl on the right has on her soccer shin guards- love it!
(The boys didn't go to Princess Camp.)

One activity was dancing around the circle when the teacher tapped their head with her wand.  Kyla's dance moves (see her there on the far left?) are sometimes reminiscent of Elaine from Seinfeld, but mostly awesome!

Kyla with her final craft, a decorated frame of herself in the "Princess" tiara!

 

2 comments:

Two brothers said...

How awesome! I love it. There is nothing fun for 3 year olds up here (not that I am looking for princess camp for Conner). That is why I keep having to fib to get him in 4 year old activities.

Jenny said...

Love, love, love the picture of Kyla dancing while everyone else is sitting in a circle! So funny!!!