We prepared for the big day, by getting Maxx his very first haircut! Kyla also got her first "professional" cut. They both did excellent! Maxx sat in the rocking horse chair and watched the woman skeptically as she cut his hair. I think he was torn between being scared and interested in what she was doing. We got the most adorable video of Maxx while the lady was using the clippers, but for some reason my iphone won't upload it. I hate my i-phone. No I love it. But, sometimes I hate it. But really, I love it. Moving on...
We celebrated Maxx's birthday on Easter. It was a small party with the Perry group. Maxx received some great "boy" toys - trucks and airplanes, books and Mariner's gear, to name a few. I think Kyla, Tyler and Carter enjoyed opening the presents more than Maxx. He was content to just sit in the middle of the chaos and take it all in.
Maxx didn't know exactly what to think of the cake and didn't really seem to like the frosting at all. It was too sweet for him, I think. He did a little sugar shudder after he tried it.
At his one year check-up, we found out our little guy is officially... little. He measured in the "below 3%" category for weight. He is in the 40th for length, though. The doctor suggested that we not worry too much about "healthy" food. She suggested that when we give him crackers, we put some butter on it. And to give him regular cheese, not the lowfat string cheese. So it's a strict regimen of scrambled eggs, cooked in 2 tablespoons butter and covered in cheese, chili-cheese hotdogs, bologna & Velveeta sandwiches, bacon, cookies and donuts. Or some variation of that.
I think Maxx may be preparing to give up one of his naps. Just today, his "morning" nap lasted from 11:00 am to almost 2:00 pm, instead of the usual hour+ followed by a late afternoon nap. The good thing is that he was ready for bed at 7pm and that he and Kyla could be on similar schedules (for when she does actually nap).
Of course, he is still on the move, mostly crawling and "cruising" on the furniture. I don't think he's too close to walking, but he probably doesn't see a need, since he is so quick on all fours. And crawling is really optimal for pushing cars and trucks and boxes and Tupperware on the floor. Yes, another very compelling reason to put off walking. All this activity is also working against any significant weight gain, but that is expected. He has stood a couple of times on his own, but is pretty cautious. He loves racing up the stairs and we are currently trying to teach him to go down backwards. He has a little trouble lining up with the top stair and turning around. Once he gets into place, though, he does pretty good.
Stranger Danger is beginning to diminish a bit. He still cries when we leave him, but it doesn't last long. Thank goodness!
Overall, Maxx is still just so mellow and content. He's not too quick to smile, but once he flashes that adorable little happy face, you are in his grasp! He loves his sister and follows her everywhere she goes. Kyla is a little less enthusiastic about her new shadow, but she does a good job sharing and taking turns. Maxx absolutely lights up when he sees Jedd. When the door to the garage opens he stops whatever he is doing and has to go look by the door. When Jedd walks in, Maxx squeals, "Dadda!"
I just can't believe it has been a year. Happy Birthday, Maxx!
2 comments:
Happy birthday, Maxx!! A year has gone by so quickly.
Sounds like Maxx's eating habits come straight from his dad(d)!
Post a Comment