Picture copy disable

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Recent Recap

Soccer Camp:
... finished off much the same as it started. We bribed Kyla through each excruciatingly hot day with her "special snack," aka fruit snacks. Each time she scored a goal she would immediately get a look of excitement on her face - not because she scored a goal, but because she was so excited that she would get a snack. Between complaints of "my skin hot" and requests of "I go now," Jedd would spray her down with the water bottle. On average, I think she was actively engaged in camp for about 20 minutes each day. Or at least that's how long the special snacks lasted.
Despite the misery of actually being at camp, each day she would tell us that she wanted to go back. And she talked about it at daycare and at home. And she says she wants to do it again next summer.


Potty Training:
... has fallen by the wayside. I think we will work on it when Jedd is home in December for family leave.


Jedd's vacation:
... started out with Kyla getting sick and throwing up, the next day Jedd got it. Fortunately Maxx and I were spared the puking, although I got mastitis and had to get antibiotics. We were able to enjoy Jedd's time off and went to the aquarium and Museum of Flight. It was great to have him home for an extended period of time.


Parties, parties, parties:
August was a busy month for us! We had so many parties and get togethers, some of which we made, some that we had to miss. Sadly, we missed the family pool birthday celebration due to the puking fiasco.

We did make it to Saundra and Walt's annual garden party and got to catch up with friends that we only see once or twice a year.

Kristin and Mike had a family engagement party and we were very happy to meet her future in-laws and help them celebrate their upcoming wedding.

A nice long weekend:
... in La Push, WA, where we saw many signs welcoming Twilight fans. This is the second time we have stayed in these cabins on the beach. The first time was August 2007 and it was pretty (dead) quiet in the little town. Well, this year was a different story. Not sure if they were all Twilight fans or what, but for a town with only one convenient store and one restaurant, there sure were a lot of tourists!
We had a great time and Kyla demonstrated that she has absolutely no fear of the icy, cold ocean. The beach bonfire, on the other hand, was a completely different story. She would not sit close enough to even feel any heat from it. She just kept saying, "too hot!"

Maxx:
... tried rice cereal for the first time last week. He didn't quite know what to think of it and most of it dribbled out of his mouth. Every time I would try to get him to swallow or close his mouth, he would just grin at me and out it would come. But it was pretty entertaining for the rest of the family!
Maxx is grabbing toys and scratching his nails on anything he can. He's spending more time on his belly and enjoys the exersaucer, when Kyla is not in it.

Kyla:
... has started asking if she can do things when she's older. Things she wants to do "when I older, I..." or "when I big, I...":
- ride the school bus
- chew gum
- go to work
- work at 'Donalds (as in Mc Donalds)
- get my errs pierced
- go in 'dere (the kitchen at daycare)
- cook dinner
- drink coffee, beer and soda

She may be a bit confused about getting older, though. She pointed to the baby walker and asked, "I get little, I go in 'dere?"


1 comment:

Connor Clan said...

Love the picture of Kyla in the exersaucer!! Can she get out?