Picture copy disable

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bathroom Etiquette


Some words of wisdom Kyla has shared with us recently:
  1. When changing her poopy diaper - "Don't eat it."
  2. When using the toilet, she looks in and says, "Don't drink water. Yucky."
I suppose these are very important basics and I am grateful that she is quite clear about them.

I am thinking of seriously working on potty training with her. I am procrastinating because I have not developed a game plan. Any words of wisdom from those of you who have been through it already?

5 comments:

jamie said...

Smart girl! Wish I had advice for you... I'm dealing with an almost-3-year old who can swim by herself, but the way things are going is going to be in diapers until she's 10. CJ has NO interest in the potty whatsoever.

I have friends who have had success with totally ditching diapers (except @ night) for one week and just running the kid to the bathroom every 30 minutes... but logistically that isn't in the cards for us.

Good luck- share advice as you get it! :)

The Loidhamer Family said...

Do not invest one cent in potty chairs or kid toilet seat rings unless you plan to take them everywhere with you. Mason never fell in the toilet and what if he did? I'm sure he wouldn't have drowned.

Connor Clan said...

Mini m&m's - give her one each time she goes in the toilet. Sitting on the toilet is also a great place to paint toe nails and let them dry.

The Johnsons said...

Cameron potty trained in 3 days. You have to stay home. You have to get rid of the diapers (naked). And you have to take them to the bathroom at least every 30 minutes. We set a timer and then he never argued when the potty timer went chimed. I then learned his pee schedule of every 3-4 hours. Goldfish were his reward for sitting and a little piece of candy was his reward.

Need a vacation? said...

Go for it! Peyton loves to use the potty! We definetly used treats for a while...but when he got used to not having to walk around with poop in his pants, he will now just tell us before it happens!