- JJ is a mover and strong! Over the past several weeks I have been amazed watching my stomach contort as he shifts position or moves his limbs.
- He especially moves a lot when I am eating, when I am driving in the car (not sure if it's the car or the music) and at night when I am reading (or blogging or checking FB) in bed.
- I think he is practicing karate right now.
- He likes to kick on the same side that Kyla did. I'm hoping he doesn't find the space between the two ribs where Kyla squished her foot for weeks and permanently rearranged.
- No Captain Morgan! With Kyla, I had hip pain from just standing and to alleviate the pain, I would do a Captain Morgan pose. It helped a lot. Fortunately, this time around the pain is almost non-existent. And no, I haven't been drinking any Captain Morgan either.
- I feel like I am carrying him a lot lower than I did Kyla.
- I think I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions for months now. I never had any contractions with Kyla until the real deal, so I assume that is what I am feeling. They're kind of annoying.
- Today I had a doctor appointment and JJ is measuring right at 30 weeks (which I guess is how far along I am) and his heartbeat is good. Weight gain: about 20 pounds so far. I passed my glucose test "with flying colors" according to the doc. Whew! I would not do well on that gestational diabetes diet. Coincidentally, I had some foreshadowing of this good news. Before my appt. we went for Chinese food and my fortune said "You will never go hungry" - Hallelujah!
- JJ doesn't let me sleep on my right side. That is where he likes to hang out and it's very uncomfortable if I lay on that side.
- Also, at my doctor's appointment today, I found out my iron levels are a bit low, so I will be taking a supplement. I have been extremely tired, but just attributed this to typical pregnancy fatigue, keeping up with Kyla, the fact that I haven't seen the sun in months and work. So, I was actually a little relieved to hear about my low iron. I am hoping that the supplement will also give me a little more energy.
Picture copy disable
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Baby JJ
So I have recently remembered that I am pregnant! And it has come to my attention that I have not been chronicling this experience nearly as much as I did with Kyla. So instead of trying to catch up on weeks (okay, months) of pregnancy book entries, here's a quick list of what's going on and what I want to remember about this pregnancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You look adorable! Any names yet?
We've hardly discussed it. We still have 10 weeks, what's the rush? :)
Have you thought about Matt Jr., it has a nice ring to it! :-)
Oh my gosh, you look really great kim. I've missed both of your pregnancies now, it's the bunk. I wish I was back there to celebrate with you. 30 weeks... seems like your rounding the last bend and headed for the home stretch soon. :)
Post a Comment