Picture copy disable

Monday, March 14, 2011

February, at a glance

I can't believe it is mid-March already!  Today is a beautiful, sunny, warm-ish day (for now).  We've been having some wild weather swings recently, which is really better than just constant rain & drizzle.  And although I am suffering from the loss of an hour due to daylight saving time, I am enjoying the extra daylight and anxious for spring and warmer temperatures! 

So, briefly, since I have mere minutes before the kids get up from nap & quiet (ha ha ha!!!) time, here's how we've been spending our time.

Maxx
  • Has been talking more and more.  Randomly, he will just repeat a word that he hears us say.  Sometimes he will say it again if prompted.  Other times, he will smile coyly and give us the, "I'm teasing you" eyes.  That face,  by the way, is being perfected in order to get himself out of many instances of discipline and punishment.  The count? Maxx-1: Mom-melting from the adorableness.
  • Is a crazy man!  Throwing, jumping (off the stairs or couch or tricycle), wobbling around like he is drunk, saying "whoaaaaaa...  whoaaaaaa!"
  • Is OBSESSED with cars, trucks, trains, boats and any sort of vehicle.  I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again.  He is also IN LOVE with boots.  Boots, the monkey.  Cowboy boots.  Snow boots.  Rain boots.  Kyla's boots.  And he sounds adorably British when he yells out, "boots! boots!"  When we turn on the TV, he immediately requests, "choo choo" (Thomas) or "boots" (Dora).
  • Might be getting ready for a toddler class.  I found one that is a "drop off" class, one day/week for a couple hours.  What- a grocery shopping trip alone, during daylight hours?!?!  Definitely going to check that out after his 2nd b-day.
Kyla
  • Has started a new school.  She and cousin Tyler are now in the same class.  I think she likes it, but I can tell it is a pretty big transition for her, as she has started sucking her thumb again.  We went to the dentist a few months ago and the dr. put some yucky tasting nail stuff on her thumb nail.  After about a week (and just the one application), she had stopped sucking her thumb as far as I could tell.  Just recently though, it's coming out again.
  • Is experiencing a lot of frustration with her dense parents who don't always know EXACTLY what she is talking about.  Sometimes if we don't get it the first time, she will huff and grunt and look like she's so angry at our stupidity that she might just explode.  We're working on communication, using our words and being patient.
  • Is still loving ballet.  This session we're just doing one class/week, although I think she would enjoy more.
  • Talks non-stop.  Sometimes I have to tune her out.  She brings me back with something like, "Is that right, mom?  MOM!" or "Can I?  Can I?!?!" in her exasperated tone of voice, that sounds nothing like mine.
Jedd
  • Is persevering through his second to last quarter of his Master's Program.  I'm so proud of him.  He's exhausted much of the time, but manages to help with the kids and around the house.
  • On top of school & work, also had a business trip recently.
  • Currently preparing for this quarter's final.  Yippee!
Me
  • Been buried under a pile of coupons.  Yes, I've been couponing.  It's time consuming, but exciting to get great deals and I must say, I kind of enjoy it.  I'm a nerd, I know.
  • And in the midst of the day to day, being a single mom at least two days a week while Jedd is at class or study sessions, I have been able to take a couple of photography workshops, have a girls night out here and there and not go insane.
  • Started planning our summer activities.  I need to pace myself otherwise we won't have a free weekend to relax at home.  I'm just so giddy over the idea of being able to do things without wondering which day of the week Jedd will have class or worry about when study sessions will be scheduled or exams!  
So, now that I am done writing this post, it is now completely overcast and gray.  Go figure.

 

2 comments:

Two brothers said...

Keep some summer time to plan with us!!!

Anonymous said...

I am a coupon nerd as well, I am glad someone else shares my obsession:)