What I am really excited about is that I'm hoping this means he will be walking soon! I know, I know, a lot of parents don't want their kids to walk... ever. This can be for a variety of reasons - once they start walking they get into everything, they start running soon afterward, they are no longer "babies," etc.
But Maxx crawls really fast as it is (it's amazing how fast he can go!) and he's already getting into and up on everything. Yesterday, he climbed up a kid chair to stand on the kid table, and subsequently fell off. Tears ensued. So now we can't just put stuff up on the table to get it out of his reach. All of this crawling is also wearing out the knees of his pants and scuffing up the left toe of his shoes. Apparently he drags his left toe more than the right.
And think of the possibilities. If Maxx were walking, then I wouldn't have to carry him whenever we are out. At the park, he could walk around instead of crawling through the bark. Once we start getting some summer weather, he wouldn't have to crawl on the driveway, dirt, grass and gravel. When we are out at a restaurant, instead of crawling on the disgusting, indoor/outdoor carpet with ground in food, leftover scraps from previous diners and dust bunnies, he could walk around and notice things that are not on the floor.
One major obstacle to Maxx walking independently, is that he does not like us to hold his hands. He acts as though he is being forceably restrained. He goes limp, sits down and throws his head back and cries out in protest. This reaction is not conducive to helping him learn to walk! He does, however, enjoy his walking toys - the shopping cart, the Pooh airplane rider/walker, the tea cart (yes, it's purple and pink). So along with his walking toys and the four steps last weekend, there is hope.
Doesn't this kid look like he's ready to walk?
Yes, I want my child to walk. Soon. He's over 14 months, it's not like I'm trying to force it on him unreasonably early.
Any time, Little Man.
Any. Time.

1 comment:
You can do it Maxx! Evan was the same way - hated help and was fast enough at crawling to not care about walking. He only tried it after his brothers were both walking. Maybe Maxx should come over for some boy play time and inspiration:)
Post a Comment