He can spin around on his tummy to get to his toys and he really wants to move forward, but hasn't quite mastered that skill. At this point, he looks like he is practicing a skydiving free fall, with his belly on the floor and his arms and legs in the air. Maxx also likes being held upright so he can push off with his feet and "bounce." And he's starting to sit on his own, supported by a hand, or both. He's still a little unsteady, though. If he looks to one side or tries to grab a toy, he usually falls over. Crawling is still a ways off, I think. When he is on his tummy and I try to lift him onto his knees, he drops his arms to his sides and does a face plant.
Watching Kyla is one of his favorite things to do. This makes him quite happy and can distract him from being tired or hungry or otherwise cranky. And if she smiles at him, he is ecstatic! It's very cute, he just stares and stares at her in the hopes that she will notice him.
He's growing every week. I think this past weekend he had a growth spurt. I put him in his car seat and he felt like he had gained 2 pounds!
And as always, he's a trooper, being dragged along everywhere we go and hardly making a fuss.
5 comments:
I'm excited for the pic. I feel like I haven't seen him in a long time because I can't believe he is 6 months old.
Will you please feed that boy so that he doesn't have to eat paper!
I love that he ate the paper! What a cutie! :)
I love this age! So sweet and happy!
Love it. Everything goes in the mouth. A piece of paper sooooo close and inviting... much too tempting!
Post a Comment