Picture copy disable

Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy New Year

So, we are now well into the 2nd half of January and just this evening we finally took down our tree. The decorations have been off and packed away for over a week now, but we just got the lights off and the tree out of our house. Things have been kind of busy. To recap the past month:

Dishwasher - Still hand washing dishes. Whirlpool sent out a guy to look at it. They determined it was a faulty tub and said they would replace it free of charge. The total cost of labor and parts is about twice what we paid for the dishwasher itself. Could they possibly just give us the money to purchase a new one? Noooo. Could they just send us a completely new unit? Of course not. They sent us the part, we scheduled the guy to come do the repair, he came out and told us a piece is missing and he didn't have one. So we are waiting for them to send the missing piece so we can reschedule the repairman.

Shower - As of just last week, all the work is complete on our shower... finally! They started working on it in late November - various missing pieces, one trapped cat, multiple visits & revisits by several different sub-contractors, way too many hours spent waiting on said sub-contractors to show up, various mistakes corrected and snow delays later... and we have a beautiful, working shower. And since we had a nice new shower, we figured it was finally time to replace the light above it that had burnt out (last summer!).

FaceBook Nation - I have joined and am still unsure whether or not I like it and am still a little confused by it and yet at the same time, amazed by it and definitely wasting too much time with it. But I fear that I may be hooked now. If you want to be my friend, send me a request! The link is in the sidebar.

Kyla - Talking up a storm!

I must remember to video tape some of the stuff she says. She likes to open doors and say hi then she will leave and before she closes the door she'll say, See morning (see you in the morning), bye bye, Have Fun and Be Back. Then she comes back in and says hi again. Repeat, again and again. Too much fun!

Potty training - we have not officially started, but she is very interested and asks at least once a day to use the potty. It all started just after Christmas when she pulled the back of my pants waist down (darn stretchy maternity pants!) and said, poopy? To which I replied, no there's no poopy in there. Then it dawned on me that she maybe was trying to tell me something. I checked her diaper, but nothing. Then I asked if she had to go and she said yes. So I put her on the toilet... nothing. Well, within the past week she has peed (is that how you spell it? it looks weird, like there should be another e in there) in the toilet three times! So should we push to get her trained right away? Or can we just take it slow? Any one have any opinions about which approach is better? I should probably get a book on the subject.

Baby JJ - He's a mover! I am so busy chasing Kyla around that I often forget I am 6 months pregnant. But JJ doesn't let me forget for too long. He likes to kick and roll around. He kicks on the same side that Kyla did. Kyla permanently reorganized one of my ribs by lodging her foot between a couple of them. I'm hoping that JJ doesn't get the same idea. That was not comfortable! I also am reminded that I am pregnant at the end of the day when I am exhausted. Oh, how I try to go to bed early!

Orcas Island - We had a nice trip to Orcas with the Connors & Johnsons this past weekend. We stayed at Robert's parents' place and we only wish we had more time to relax with our friends.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a busy month... and where's all the snow I've been hearing about in your orcas picture?! I hope you get a video of kyla talking and her funny antics, would be great to see and show her later in life. :)

lisat said...

Sounds like a fun, but very busy time!