Picture copy disable

Sunday, June 17, 2007

3 months

Well, it's way overdue for an update and some pictures! In the past month, I have returned to work part time, Kyla has started "daycare" and we took our first airplane trip to St. Louis for cousin Dan's wedding. Needless to say, it's been busy, stressful and an adjustment.

We were a little nervous about the long flight to St. Louis, but Kyla was a champ! She didn't have any problems at all with her ears and barely fussed, except when she was hungry. I think passengers around us didn't even realize we had a baby with us until we got off the plane!

St. Louis was great. We stayed at the Hilton at the ballpark and could look out on the Cardinals' stadium from our room. The weather was nice and mild. Kyla made it through the rehearsal dinner (attended by 90 people!). She and Jedd got to spend some time together outside during the wedding ceremony (I think Jedd was secretly happy she started to fuss and wasted no time fleeing the church at her first sound). After the ceremony, we went to Joe & Carolyn's house for lunch and then the reception. Through it all, Kyla at times looked a little overwhelmed, but rarely cried, despite not getting her usual 2-3 hour mid-morning nap or her 1 hour evening nap. I thought for sure the flight home would be rough, but she did awesome!

Kyla is staying at Katie's house with her three kids, Nathan, Jamie and Evelyn. It has been working out wonderfully. So far, Kyla doesn't seem to notice that Jedd and I are gone. Hmm, not sure how I feel about that... I guess it would be worse if she were crying and screaming, though. I am enjoying being back at work part time, but still trying to get in the routine of the new schedule.

Ham bone legs!

Kyla is getting stronger everyday. She loves to kick her legs and those little chicken legs have grown significantly. They are now cute, pudgy ham bones! She laughed for the first time yesterday. Jedd was laying on his back and he was bouncing her on his belly, saying "spider-baby!" He did it about 10 times and she laughed each time. By the time I got the video camera and put a new battery in it, I think we got one laugh recorded before my remaining minute of tape ran out - Murphy's law, I guess.

Here are some fun photos! See previous post for St. Louis photos.

Sleeping in on a Saturday

Still loving the swing

Cameron, Olivia & Kyla at the park

Kyla & Conner

Kyla with her frog from Cass & Dan

Too cool!

Kyla in old man pants hiked up to her chest

Bath time is getting easier

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!! I've been waiting, patiently, for this update. : )

She is super cute and growing! Possibly a little frightened too, on the slide with olivia??

Cant wait to meet miss ham bone. xoxo

jamie said...

that pic with olivia cracked me up too- did you have to pry kyla from her arms? :) i can't wait to meet her!!

Kristin Pavon said...

I missing Ms. Ham Bone, can't wait to see her on Sunday! - Auntie Kristin :)

Anonymous said...

That picture on the boppy is adorable! She looks like she is so comfy! Conner can't wait to play with her again!